The Top 3 Things I’ve Learned in My 2 Years as a Content Creator

The Top 3 Things I’ve Learned in My 2 Years as a Content Creator


As my 2 year anniversary as a content creator has come and gone, I have been reflecting on all the incredible little moments and things I have learned. Here are the top 3 things I keep coming back to.


Happy 2 years to this journey I call NorthMetroEateries 🎊 Follow us on IG for more

♬ som original - bia

It is A LOT of hard work.

The work of an influencer and content creator is often glamorized for social media purposes. This has everyone disillusioned that the work is easy and can make you a ton of money. However, here is what they forget to mention. I have worked hard for 2 years posting multiple times per week and often daily. 2 years and I am just now reaching the point of making any money. For most jobs, you would never work an hour without earning money let alone two years. It has been the equivalent of hustling 5–15 hours of branding, content creation, marketing, and business management. As we enter my 3rd year as a creator, I am finally seeing the potential of profit but what I have learned is that money is no longer my goal. I have learned that all the work is worth the community and friends I have made along the way.

It takes a never ending amount of passion.

Again, no one shares the why of the work they do, but for me the passion of creativity and content creation is my why. I work every day connecting with people and sharing the things I love because I want to, not because I am being paid to. At the beginning of this journey, I had no idea what I was getting myself into or if I would enjoy doing it. Here we are 2 years later and the passion has shifted a dozen times over but it always comes back to my love for connection and food.

You will never please everyone.

Starting @NorthMetroEateries two years ago, I thought there was no way I would upset anyone by sharing positive content about local restaurants in our area. Well, its the internet so obviously, I was wrong. Every so often I share an opinion that someone disagrees with, and if you weren’t already aware, people are ruthless when they are behind a screen. People will leave hate comments or send us direct messages explaining why we are wrong. I used to take this extremely personally because I put my heart and soul into my brand and it hurts when someone is insulting your brand. My perspective on all of this changed while listening to the podcast, Glitter & Gay with Glennda and Tyler. Tyler said “You only need to be like by 10% of the people you meet”. This really struck a cord with me because 99.9% of the people who engage with us, love what we are doing and the work we are putting in. I cannot let the other 0.1% of people affect my attitude or feelings towards the work I put in every single day.

What are some things you have learned as a content creator?


Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.